Open Water SCUBA Diver – focused on commercial harvesters
This program takes a person with no experience and teaches them the basic techniques of Open water SCUBA. The student learns basic equipment, physics, dive computers and safe diving practices. The class is taught in the confines of the Hood Canal and a swimming pool is not used. Our course is more stringent than a standard open water course. We believe those persons wishing to become commercial harvesters will be diving in environments not experienced by the standard recreational diver.
The course is taught over 2.5 days.
- International Open Water Scuba Diver certification (SDI)
Subjects/Experiences covered during our intensive course:
- ALL dives are done in open water/ocean – no use of swimming pools during the program
- Experience and certification as a recreational SCUBA diver
- Dive computer operation
- Dive Theory: underwater environment, physics, and physiology (decompression), equipment, diving skills, and dive planning.
- Emphasis placed on dive emergencies involving a commercial harvester
The following prerequisites must be met to attend this course:
- 18 years of age
- Diving Medical approval
- Physically fit
- No fear of water or tight spaces (Claustrophobia is the main cause for failing the course)
Click here to inquire about class dates or schedule a class convenient for you