SURFACE SUPPLIED AIR – TENDER PROGRAM
This program is specifically designed to train anyone working in a surface supplied diving environment to act as a competent Surface Tender. This is a non-diving course, designed for surface personnel. The student will learn to outfit a surface supplied diver, safely lower them into the water, tend the lines, communicate with the diver, remove them from the water, and remove their equipment.
- CPR / Oxygen / First Aid / AED designed specifically for commercial divers
- Kirby Morgan / Dive Lab KMB User certification
Experience with the following techniques:
- Proper use of surface supplied air equipment.
- Diver communication skills using line pulls and electronic means
- Knowledge of SSA Nitrox configurations
- Basic maintenance of the Kirby Morgan Band Mask
- Surface Tender experience – assist with a minimum of 4 SSA dives.
The following prerequisites must be met to attend this course:
- 18 years of age
- Physically fit
- Dedication to the safety of the diver